A restoration begins with the removal of the previous finish. Ask any do-it-yourselfer, and you will quickly find out that this can be a daunting and messy task. The expert craftsmen of LV Flooring have the necessary equipment to ensure that all of the previous finish is removed without damaging the wood, and prepare the floor to accept new stain. The removal of the previous finish is accomplished with the help of specialized power sanders that are specifically designed for flooring applications.
After the sanding is completed and the previous finish is completely removed, the floor can now be stained or left natural, this is followed by buffing and application of polyurethane. When it comes to stain, there is a variety of available shades for any taste and style. Although having a colour chart may be helpful, oftentimes paper does not capture the shade accurately, which can lead to confusion. Because using the same shade of stain on different types of hardwood floors creates different results, the process of selecting a stain for your floors can be frustrating and lead to unnecessary costs.
- Do Not: Use WET mops
- Do Not: Use ammonia
- Do Not: Use dust cleaners
- Do Not: Track dirt, clean immediately
- Do Not: Use other floor cleaning products
- Do Not: Wax a urethane finish – NEVER !
- Do: Place Protector pads on ALL furniture legs on wood floor
- Do: Place walk off mats and area rugs in high traffic areas (make sure they stay dry and are cleaned underneath often)
- Do: Perform routine maintenance as recommended by manufacturer, this should include sweeping, vacuuming (with a soft brush attachment) and/or dust mopping to remove dirt and grit. Keep this as a regularly scheduled event, and stick to it. Always perform this process before and after a major event that involves a high volume of traffic on the floor.
- Do: Use the proper cleaning pad with the manufacturer recommended cleaning solution.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment for your free consultation and quote!
The experts at LV Flooring have the necessary experience and expertise and will be happy to assist you in choosing the right stain for your floor. Wood, because it is a natural product tends to be prone to wear over the years. Restoring or Refinishing can breathe new life and bring back the natural beauty of your floors. Whether the floors were covered by an area rug or are located in a high traffic area of the home, LV Flooring will ensure that your floors get a new lease on life. LV Flooring also specializes in Flooring Repair and can correct damage of any kind.
Wood Floors are a lifetime investment, and decisions concerning them should not be taken lightly Routine maintenance should include protecting the surface finish from moisture and heavy wear which creates scratches. This maintenance requires more than sweeping and vacuuming.